COVEX is looking for a seasoned and energetic IT Program/Project Manager who will provide oversight for the implementation, testing, and integration, of clinical IT programs. This individual, reporting to the client PMO, will oversee the activities of one or more assigned projects, ensuring successful execution of system implementation projects. Candidates must have clinical domain knowledge in a pharmaceutical environment to be considered.
JOB TYPE: Only Corp-to-Corp Contractors will be considered
DESIRED START/DURATION: Early-mid February start with a 9 – 12 month duration
LOCATION: Central NJ
The Program Manager will plan, coordinate and drive the continued progress of a digital innovation incubator, marshalling a global team of contributors and assisting in-flight projects to completion. This role will be responsible for engaging the community of contributors to the innovation group and will interface with other functions throughout the enterprise to ensure the work of the pursuit teams proceed in an efficient and strategically-aligned fashion. Strong business analysis skills will also be useful in this role.
• Oversee the successful planning, management and execution of an IT Program consisting of multiple, simultaneous software application implementation projects in support of clinical processes (study and/or operations).
• Manage the activities of a team of project managers.
• Develop and manage project/program forecasts and budgets.
• Responsible for tracking, managing and resolving escalated project issues and risks.
• Ensure standard processes, tools and procedures are used consistently across program.
• Act as principal interface between Project PMs and PMO team for scope and project related activities.
• Manage program progress through established GATE processes.
• Work with stakeholders, PMO and PMs to plan, schedule, manage and communicate key program and project milestones.
• Manage and ensure compliance with IT processes and technologies.
• Establish and enforce the use of program’s Change Control Process.
• Ensure projects are delivered on-time, within budget and of high quality.
• 10+ years of Information Technology Experience with project management and execution experience of capabilities in the regulated, life sciences sector.
• Working knowledge of the pharmaceutical Clinical Domain a must.
• Working knowledge of regulatory and GCP compliance.
• Demonstrated program leadership experience, including the successful planning and implementation of large, multiple location, multiple vendor, enterprise-wide application initiatives.
• Ability to effectively work with and manage external vendors.
• Ability to set specific measurable milestones and monitor progress against these goals.
• Ability to work closely with stakeholders and project staff at various levels within the organization.
• Ability to travel nationally or internationally.