PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
This entry-level position in our Covex Consulting Services team will support the implementation, testing, and overall validation of regulated laboratory systems for Covex clients. These systems are located in controlled industrial chemical and biological laboratories at some of the world’s largest and most advanced pharmaceutical companies. This is an exciting opportunity for a recent college graduate to get hands-on experience with a rapidly growing organization in a fast-paced environment.
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Gather, create and document requirements for new and existing (legacy) laboratory systems. Examples of such systems include HPLC, GC, TOC, UV/Vis, Plate Readers and automated titrators.
- Draft documents required for the planning, validation, operational, and retirement phases of the System Development Lifecycle.
- Design and execute testing on the laboratory systems using various industrial testing tools.
- Participate in all phases of system testing, including:
- Draft, review, dry-run and execute test scripts on a variety of different applications using various testing tools.
- Collaborate with team to resolve system issues/errors.
- Attend project update meetings, complete metrics tracking forms, and track project tasks as required by the project.
- Submit weekly timesheets and status reports to Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in related science (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry) or Biomedical/Biochemical Engineering required.
- Internship with experience in laboratory cGMP setting a plus.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to:
- Communicate effectively with the client and members of a diverse team.
- Document strategies, test findings and issues in clear, concise terms.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Outgoing personality with strong ability to be able to communicate effectively with members of a diverse team and document test findings and issues in clear, concise terms.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with the ability to transition between the two.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Position is full-time, forty (40) hours per week.
- Additional hours may be required on occasion.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Capable of working in a variety of office setup configurations as designated by the client.
- Capable of working in a variety of laboratory/production/construction areas as designated by the client.
- Must be willing to occasionally climb ladders, or work on platforms and roofs that may exceed 30 ft.
- Job location is at the client site with intermittent travel to other client sites and the Covex Wayne, PA office. Therefore, must be able to travel by all modes of transportation.
- Willingness to travel as required – up to 100% (long distance driving and well as flight travel).