This exciting position in our Consulting Services Organization will coordinate and drive project tasks and deliverables across business, IT, software vendors and service partners to ensure the on-time, on budget delivery of complex, regulated information management systems. This is an exciting opportunity to expand your experience with a rapidly growing organization in a fast-paced environment.
The Project Manager will work across all work streams, with IT and the business, to provide a comprehensive view of the program including management of integrated timelines, RAID items, dependencies, status, financials, and support for communications and updates to stakeholders of all levels.
Strong project management skills are required, along with strong communication skills which can be tailored to different stakeholders. Knowledge and experience managing the implementation of regulated computer systems in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Drive planning activities, develop and maintain an integrated project plan.
- Define cadence of project team meetings.
- Conduct project meetings and maintain mutual interaction with project team members, leaders, staff, vendors, and consultants.
- Identify project and application risks, confirming mitigation and contingency plans are in place for identified risks in order to reduce the risk of failure and support success of the project. Escalate risks as required.
- Track and monitor project issues and escalate as required.
- Work with all teams to understand, plan and manage dependencies between activities.
- Ensure resource allocations and escalate resource deficiencies.
- Provide weekly and monthly status updates to key stakeholders, project leads and the PMO/Program Manager
- Inform senior leadership of key activities and create periodic progress reports summarizing project status, risks, and required actions and associated timelines. Maintain and confirm accuracy of project documents and reports
- Facilitate communication within the project and across workstreams about issues, risks and decisions and other key program related communications.
- Track project financials. This includes updating project financial projections and reconciling with actuals.
- Facilitate the creation of POs. Track invoice approval. Managing spending against POs and amend/close POs as required.
- Support vendor management as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years of project/program management experience.
- Pharmaceutical experience preferred.
- Ability to break down and document complex projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective organizational change management skills. Strong time management skills.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple business demands, prioritize and deliver in a timely manner with high standards.
- Proficient problem-solving skills and ability to rapidly learn unfamiliar processes.
- Ability to work with cross-functional global teams and interact with all staff levels.
- Strong attention to detail.
Additional job requirements:
- Position is full-time, forty (40) hours per week.
- Additional hours may be required on occasion.
- Job location is at client sites. Must be able to travel by all modes of transportation.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Capable of working in a variety of office setup configurations as designated by the client